Friday 8 November 2013

Fun in the Sun...

Make someone's day with...


Soho Chic by Sandy Gervais for Moda...

When I look at the charm packs, jelly rolls and layer cakes of the complete line, I see violet, deep turquoise, a splash of green and some calming creams.  There is also, a lush, dark brown. Together, they are fun loving and would be great for adding a splash of colour to any room on a dreary day.  

I also have 3 fabrics on the bolt to assist with borders or sashings as may be needed. 

I only used about 1/2 of my jelly roll with a metre of extra red to make The Quilt Top { see previous posts } and 2 metres of the wide border- of which, I only used 1/2 the width.  It went together easily and without a lot if fuss- if you are wondering what would be easy to do....

News Flash....

             More Chubbies have arrived!  

Chubbies are my name for these 2 metre cuts that I get from my wholesaler.  I do not get to pick and choose- they are what they are!  For all of the people- like myself- that are afraid to 'let go'- it can be a very exhilarating yet scary thing to buy 'blindly'.  It's the element of chance and provides really great fabric at just $14.95 a 2 metre cut for you to buy.  

It's 10:30 am here; I just looked around and realized- I forgot to turn my lights on! Duh!  That's one of the fun parts about the building I am located in- great natural light- on nice days.  Night and dreary days are challenging though, because of the height of the ceiling.  With every upside, usually there's a down side.   Although, I heard on CBC radio the other day that Amherst is perfectly positioned for passive solar collection , which I translated to lots of nice days! 






No comments:

Post a Comment