Sunday 3 March 2013

Chocolate Mint, anyone?...



A Robert Kaufman Batik


Welcome to March!  I hope you are taking time to enjoy life.  I went for a walk today and it's almost smelling like spring!  I find a bounce in my step as the days get longer and there is more heat in the sun. 

I thought, I'd start March out with showing some 'greens' that have come in.  This fabric is absolutely beautiful.  You can almost 'smell' the mint in the leaves on this bolt of material.



Most of the other batiks that have arrived by the bolts are by Hoffman.  I will admit I'm having some trouble keeping the 2 names straight.  Age I expect.  Both manufacturers make wonderful fabric that is a real treat to sew.

In ordering the fabric, you look at small swatches of fabric and a lot of it.  Then you pick what you want to order and some is available now for shipping and others are not yet mass produced.

Palomino, Seacliff, Pineapple, Raspberry, Jelly, Aruba, Lion and the yummy chocolate mint are all pictured above.  I admit to ordering Palomino for sentimental reasons, my first horse was a palomino named, Banner. 

Thank you for letting me share some more of Mrs P's treasures with you.  I value your patience, while I work to get the store up and running and for taking time to read the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment